Ladies’ 2nds headline stellar day for St Albans Hockey Club’s women
St Albans Hockey Club’s ladies’ 2nds took centre stage at Oaklands on Saturday as they registered an emphatic 6-0 win over Maidstone 1sts.
The goals came from Sarah Embrey, Sarah Fretwell and Jo Weston, two from Ann-Marie Davenport and one from player of the match Fiona Nekeman.
Meanwhile, the ladies’ 1sts scored a vital away win 1-0 at Sevenoaks through a strong team display, with second-half circle penetrations from Ellie Watton eventually paying off in creating the chance for Lottie Porter to slot home the winner.
A 1-1 draw for the 3rds meant the day ended with the St Albans’ ladies’ top three teams all sitting at the top or joint top of their respective leagues.
Elsewhere, the 5ths registered a 3-2 win and the Boadiceas drew 2-2.
You may also want to watch:
In the men’s games there were wins for four of the club’s men’s teams, including a 6-2 victory for the 5ths against local rivals WGC 3rds. The men’s 1sts had a disappointing day at the Lee Valley Hockey Centre, losing 4-2 to Wapping.
This Saturday sees both first teams in front of the Tangerine Army at Oaklands: the men entertain Felixstowe at 3pm while the ladies take on Wimbledon at 6pm.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 5 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner