Ladies’ 2nds headline stellar day for St Albans Hockey Club’s women
St Albans Hockey Club’s ladies’ 2nds took centre stage at Oaklands on Saturday as they registered an emphatic 6-0 win over Maidstone 1sts.
The goals came from Sarah Embrey, Sarah Fretwell and Jo Weston, two from Ann-Marie Davenport and one from player of the match Fiona Nekeman.
Meanwhile, the ladies’ 1sts scored a vital away win 1-0 at Sevenoaks through a strong team display, with second-half circle penetrations from Ellie Watton eventually paying off in creating the chance for Lottie Porter to slot home the winner.
A 1-1 draw for the 3rds meant the day ended with the St Albans’ ladies’ top three teams all sitting at the top or joint top of their respective leagues.
Elsewhere, the 5ths registered a 3-2 win and the Boadiceas drew 2-2.
You may also want to watch:
In the men’s games there were wins for four of the club’s men’s teams, including a 6-2 victory for the 5ths against local rivals WGC 3rds. The men’s 1sts had a disappointing day at the Lee Valley Hockey Centre, losing 4-2 to Wapping.
This Saturday sees both first teams in front of the Tangerine Army at Oaklands: the men entertain Felixstowe at 3pm while the ladies take on Wimbledon at 6pm.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 5 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills