Lack of match practice shows for Tabard
Pre-season Friendly Tabard 17 Amersham and Chiltern 26 TABARD S warm-up game against Amersham and Chiltern on Saturday ended in a defeat for the home club but it was still a useful prelude to the league season which kicks off next week when Tabard play L
Amersham and Chiltern 26
TABARD'S warm-up game against Amersham and Chiltern on Saturday ended in a defeat for the home club but it was still a useful prelude to the league season which kicks off next week when Tabard play London Nigerians at their Cobden Hill ground, kick off 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
Amersham and Chiltern had already played a couple of games this season and this showed in their more cohesive play to start with although their only reward was two penalty goals.
In fact, Amersham and Chiltern probably edged the loose play throughout the match but Tabard had much the better three-quarters and this enabled Tabard to score the three best tries of the match.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 6 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 7 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
For the first, centre Mike Thomas scored after Tabard had run the ball from the re-start kick, with stand-off Jack Reilly making the initial surge before feeding Thomas.
Amersham replied with a try of their own before Keiran Murphy, playing on the wing, got one back for Tabard after they gained possession from a turnover ball.
Amersham again converted a penalty before Murphy got his second try when the ball was passed down the line from a good lineout take but Amersham scored two further tries to give them the victory.
The game was played over four quarters and both sides gave their squads a good run out prior to the serious rugby starting next week.