Lacey delighted with Colney Heath's start
Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division Colney Heath 2 Broxbourne Borough 1 COLNEY Heath s perfect start to the season continued with a 2-1 win over Broxbourne Borough on Tuesday evening. The victory, together with the 1-0 win over Brimsdown Rove
Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division
Colney Heath 2
Broxbourne Borough 1
COLNEY Heath's perfect start to the season continued with a 2-1 win over Broxbourne Borough on Tuesday evening.
You may also want to watch:
The victory, together with the 1-0 win over Brimsdown Rovers on Saturday, puts the Magpies third in the Spartan South Midlands Premier Division after the first two games of the new campaign.
Heath side now face an FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round game away to Tiptree United this weekend before returning to league football with three home league matches in a row - against St Margaretsbury, Kingsbury London Tigers and Hillingdon Borough.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 3 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 6 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 7 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 8 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 9 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 10 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
"Everything is going to plan," said Heath's joint manager Scott Lacey, "We couldn't have asked for a better start. We played Brimsdown on Saturday and they were a good side so we're delighted to get all three points from that game.
"Maybe we shaded the chances a little but I think we were slightly fitter towards the end of the game and that's when we dominated the match."
Jon Donoghue scored Heath's winner against Brimsdown with his first touch of the game after coming on off the bench, and Lacey joked: "That's down to a great managerial decision more than anything."
On Tuesday evening Ian Cooper and Liam Beaumont got on the scoresheet in the second period after a first half display that saw them go in 1-0 down.
"At half time we read the riot act at them and to be fair it worked and they came out second half and played well."
Lacey added: "This has been a massive start for the club. We didn't have six points until much further into the season last year so the boys are flying and we'll hope to continue this.