King Cole helps London Colney clinch promotion
- Credit: Archant
London Colney clinched promotion from Herts League Division Six A with victory over third-placed Welwyn Garden City thirds.
Put into bat, with several regulars missing, they saw makeshift openers Andy Cole and Mark Compton score 40 in the first 10 overs.
Seymour (21) and captain Hadley (45) helped lift the score to 195-2 from 41 overs, before Cole fell two runs short of a century.
Colney closed on 244-9 and WGC lost wickets at regular intervals in reply to find themselves 102-5, with Cole (4-42) the chief destroyer.
Simon Fretter dismissed Cope (40) and Uzman Zaman took the last two wickets to seal a 30-run win and take Colney top ahead of a title decider with Old Albanians this weekend.
You may also want to watch:
The understrength seconds had a bad day at the office, although Phil Smith took 4-43 as North Mymms thirds made 172-9.
Colney collapsed to just 51 in reply but hope to bounce back this weekend.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 5 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 6 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 9 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 10 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival