Centurion Kerry plays perfect captain’s role as Sandridge defeat Knebworth
- Credit: Archant
Sandridge opened up their 2019 Division Four A season with a six-wicket success at picturesque Knebworth Park.
It was a game that swung both ways throughout the day though.
Skipper Albert Kerry opted to bowl on a damp-looking wicket and John Murphy and Duncan Ferguson kept things tight with the former claiming two quick wickets.
Further wickets had Knebworth on 74-4 but an excellent partnership took the score to 144.
However, Kerry then introduced himself into the attack and his 4-12 had Park all out for 180.
You may also want to watch:
Sandridge suffered an awful start to their innings and were 11-4 after just five overs.
The skipper was once again the hero as he bashed a wonderful 106 not out to guide Sandridge to victory.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
- 10 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
He was ably assisted by Sunny Narula who made 51* himself with the unbroken partnership of 174 believed to be a club fifth-wicket record.
Overall though an excellent start to the season.