Centurion Kerry plays perfect captain’s role as Sandridge defeat Knebworth
- Credit: Archant
Sandridge opened up their 2019 Division Four A season with a six-wicket success at picturesque Knebworth Park.
It was a game that swung both ways throughout the day though.
Skipper Albert Kerry opted to bowl on a damp-looking wicket and John Murphy and Duncan Ferguson kept things tight with the former claiming two quick wickets.
Further wickets had Knebworth on 74-4 but an excellent partnership took the score to 144.
However, Kerry then introduced himself into the attack and his 4-12 had Park all out for 180.
Sandridge suffered an awful start to their innings and were 11-4 after just five overs.
The skipper was once again the hero as he bashed a wonderful 106 not out to guide Sandridge to victory.
- 1 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 2 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 3 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 4 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 5 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 6 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 7 Day of fundraising for No Floor No More campaign
- 8 Village prepares for return of Scarecrow Festival after three years
- 9 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 10 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
He was ably assisted by Sunny Narula who made 51* himself with the unbroken partnership of 174 believed to be a club fifth-wicket record.
Overall though an excellent start to the season.