Kenya take glory at Harpenden seven-a-side
THE fourth Harpenden Town Seven-a-side football competition was held last weekend in glorious sunshine at the Rothamsted Experimental Station sports ground in Harpenden. For the first time the club organised two competitions one on the Saturday
THE fourth Harpenden Town Seven-a-side football competition was held last weekend in glorious sunshine at the Rothamsted Experimental Station sports ground in Harpenden.
For the first time the club organised two competitions one on the Saturday to raise funds for the clubs redevelopment plans and one on the Sunday in aid of Romanian Relief.
In total 22 teams over two days competed in both competitions. On the Saturday the theme was African Nations with all 12 teams taking on the identity of an African Nation, some even donning replica kits of their adopted country. Kenya (Skew Bridge FC) eventually came out on top winning on penalties in the final.
Sunday's competition saw teams raise much needed funds to provide support to Romanian Relief, a charity set up to help disabled children in Romania.
You may also want to watch:
Contact Chris Gregory on 01582 765772 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the weekend or how to get involved with Harpenden Town FC as either a player, volunteer or committee member.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 4 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans