Keenleyside on the spot to put Town past Codicote
- Credit: Archant
On-loan Saints midfielder scores his first goal for Harpenden
David Keenleyside scored his first goal for Harpenden Town in a 1-0 win over Codicote at Rothamsted Park.
The on-loan St Albans City midfielder scored a penalty 10 minutes into the second half to lift Danny Plumb’s side within a point of their opponents in SSML Division One.
Harpenden manager Danny Plumb said: “It was not our best performance, but we kept a clean sheet and got three points against tough opposition.
“So I am pleased but we can play loads better and we have good momentum with just five games left in the season.”
You may also want to watch:
Harpenden have just one home game left, next Tuesday against Arlesey Town Reserves, 7.45pm kick-off.
Club chairman Roman Motyczak said: “I hope all our faithful supporters will turn up for our last home match and bring their mates for an end of season celebration.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 5 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
“We are seventh in the league and have come a long way this season. We still have several games left and a big building programme over the summer so the future is looking rosy.”