Keenleyside on the spot to put Town past Codicote
- Credit: Archant
On-loan Saints midfielder scores his first goal for Harpenden
David Keenleyside scored his first goal for Harpenden Town in a 1-0 win over Codicote at Rothamsted Park.
The on-loan St Albans City midfielder scored a penalty 10 minutes into the second half to lift Danny Plumb’s side within a point of their opponents in SSML Division One.
Harpenden manager Danny Plumb said: “It was not our best performance, but we kept a clean sheet and got three points against tough opposition.
“So I am pleased but we can play loads better and we have good momentum with just five games left in the season.”
Harpenden have just one home game left, next Tuesday against Arlesey Town Reserves, 7.45pm kick-off.
Club chairman Roman Motyczak said: “I hope all our faithful supporters will turn up for our last home match and bring their mates for an end of season celebration.
- 1 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 2 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 6 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 7 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 8 Call for proper testing for new Charter Market stalls
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Drum kit, CD player and stereo stolen in burglary
“We are seventh in the league and have come a long way this season. We still have several games left and a big building programme over the summer so the future is looking rosy.”