Keenleyside on the spot to put Town past Codicote
- Credit: Archant
On-loan Saints midfielder scores his first goal for Harpenden
David Keenleyside scored his first goal for Harpenden Town in a 1-0 win over Codicote at Rothamsted Park.
The on-loan St Albans City midfielder scored a penalty 10 minutes into the second half to lift Danny Plumb’s side within a point of their opponents in SSML Division One.
Harpenden manager Danny Plumb said: “It was not our best performance, but we kept a clean sheet and got three points against tough opposition.
“So I am pleased but we can play loads better and we have good momentum with just five games left in the season.”
You may also want to watch:
Harpenden have just one home game left, next Tuesday against Arlesey Town Reserves, 7.45pm kick-off.
Club chairman Roman Motyczak said: “I hope all our faithful supporters will turn up for our last home match and bring their mates for an end of season celebration.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 5 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
“We are seventh in the league and have come a long way this season. We still have several games left and a big building programme over the summer so the future is looking rosy.”