Karting: Speedster Steed takes maximum points
- Credit: Archant
Parmiter’s School karter Josh Steed proved his speed at the June meeting of the Hoddesdon Karting Club at Rye House.
Steed was fastest in qualifying, beating Jake Yilmaz to the fastest lap by 0.07secs, and kept up his pace throughout the weekend.
In heat one he extended his lead over the pack, winning by over three seconds from runner-up Harley White, and it was it much the same in heat two. Again, it was White who came in second, this time by 1.61secs.
Having battled it out all weekend, Steed and White were locked in one final tussle for the chequered flag in the A final.
It was Steed, pictured below, who came out on top, pipping his rival by 0.85secs to win the race.
You may also want to watch:
His 150, maximum point return from the weekend saw him close the gap to championship leader Ben Kasperczak, who heads the standing by just 18 points.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 9 Green light given to new hospital project
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area