Karting: Speedster Steed takes maximum points
- Credit: Archant
Parmiter’s School karter Josh Steed proved his speed at the June meeting of the Hoddesdon Karting Club at Rye House.
Steed was fastest in qualifying, beating Jake Yilmaz to the fastest lap by 0.07secs, and kept up his pace throughout the weekend.
In heat one he extended his lead over the pack, winning by over three seconds from runner-up Harley White, and it was it much the same in heat two. Again, it was White who came in second, this time by 1.61secs.
Having battled it out all weekend, Steed and White were locked in one final tussle for the chequered flag in the A final.
It was Steed, pictured below, who came out on top, pipping his rival by 0.85secs to win the race.
You may also want to watch:
His 150, maximum point return from the weekend saw him close the gap to championship leader Ben Kasperczak, who heads the standing by just 18 points.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 6 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 10 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans