Kaloczi tips Wingate for the play-offs
- Credit: Archant
James Kaloczi believes Wingate and Finchley could sneak into the Ryman Premier play-offs this year.
The 19-year-old spent the first month of the season at the Harry Abrahams Stadium, making 10 starts and one appearance off the bench, as they picked up 20 points from 33 on offer.
Despite receiving a reprieve from relegation last season, Kaloczi, who scored once during his loan spell, expects Wingate to surprise a few teams.
“I really enjoyed my time at Wingate and would like to thank the coaches, Stuart Lake and Gavin King, and the manager, Daniel Nielsen,” he said.
“They have got a good bunch of lads down there and they will do well.
You may also want to watch:
“I think this year is about staying up initially and then they have a good chance to sneak into the play-off places. We know that anything can happen in the play-offs.”
Since Kaloczi’s departure, Wingate have lost to 3-0 to Lewes and beaten Harrow Borough 3-1. They start their FA Cup campaign this Saturday at home to Ipswich Wanderers in the first qualifying round.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team