Kaloczi tips Wingate for the play-offs
- Credit: Archant
James Kaloczi believes Wingate and Finchley could sneak into the Ryman Premier play-offs this year.
The 19-year-old spent the first month of the season at the Harry Abrahams Stadium, making 10 starts and one appearance off the bench, as they picked up 20 points from 33 on offer.
Despite receiving a reprieve from relegation last season, Kaloczi, who scored once during his loan spell, expects Wingate to surprise a few teams.
“I really enjoyed my time at Wingate and would like to thank the coaches, Stuart Lake and Gavin King, and the manager, Daniel Nielsen,” he said.
“They have got a good bunch of lads down there and they will do well.
You may also want to watch:
“I think this year is about staying up initially and then they have a good chance to sneak into the play-off places. We know that anything can happen in the play-offs.”
Since Kaloczi’s departure, Wingate have lost to 3-0 to Lewes and beaten Harrow Borough 3-1. They start their FA Cup campaign this Saturday at home to Ipswich Wanderers in the first qualifying round.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 5 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 8 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 9 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues