Kaloczi completes comeback win against Burnham
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City staged a dramatic comeback to beat Burnham at The Gore.
Playing on a difficult pitch, the Saints were blown away in the early stages of the game as they fell two goals behind within five minutes of kick-off.
The comeback started before the break when James Comley scored his second goal in two games with a strike from 25 yards, but not before Paul Bastock had stopped Burnham adding a third with a great save.
The tide turned in the second half and John Frendo smashed home a volley to level the game in the 55th minute.
Needing a win to close the gap on the top three teams, James Kaloczi duly obliged 13 minutes later with a goal of the season candidate.
You may also want to watch:
Kaloczi’s goal sealed the win and three points for City as they jumped up to fourth on the Southern League table.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 9 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 10 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City