Kaloczi completes comeback win against Burnham
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City staged a dramatic comeback to beat Burnham at The Gore.
Playing on a difficult pitch, the Saints were blown away in the early stages of the game as they fell two goals behind within five minutes of kick-off.
The comeback started before the break when James Comley scored his second goal in two games with a strike from 25 yards, but not before Paul Bastock had stopped Burnham adding a third with a great save.
The tide turned in the second half and John Frendo smashed home a volley to level the game in the 55th minute.
Needing a win to close the gap on the top three teams, James Kaloczi duly obliged 13 minutes later with a goal of the season candidate.
You may also want to watch:
Kaloczi’s goal sealed the win and three points for City as they jumped up to fourth on the Southern League table.
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure