Junior tennis ace put through his paces at LTA Talent ID Day
- Credit: Archant
JUNIOR tennis player Louis Gibbard from St Albans was put through his paces today after taking part in the Lawn Tennis Association’s (LTA) National Talent ID Day held at the National Tennis Centre in Roehampton.
The 11-year-old was amongst 41 youngsters from across the country invited to the session.
Louis, who trains at Batchwood Tennis Centre showed off his skills in front of the LTA Talent ID team, who were aiming to spot future performance players, who even at such an early age were displaying the right attributes that could enable them to make a real impact on the game.
The Verulam School pupil said: “”It wasn’t my first time going to Roehampton but it’s still exciting to get asked to come along, it shows you are doing well and a big opportunity to impress those watching you.
“I think it is a great opportunity and hopefully I made a good impression and can keep being invited back.”
You may also want to watch:
The day was overseen by LTA Head of Talent Management, Andrew Lewandowski, who was impressed by what he saw and said: “Louis has performed really well and shown lots of ability across a number of different tasks designed to test athletic ability, coordination, speed and agility, as well as a real natural talent and love for the sport.
“It was fantastic to see so many enthusiastic and talented players give it their all. The LTA is committed to developing and supporting talent, and we now have the systems in place to give players like Louis the best possible chance of reaching their potential so I look forward to seeing him progress.”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park