Judy Murray headlines party at Batchwood Tennis Centre
- Credit: Archant
A Q+A with Judy Murray will be the main attraction at Batchwood Tennis Club’s party to celebrate the opening of the new centre.
Three years after a devastating fire tore through the old complex, the new sports centre was opened on Bank Holiday Monday. As well as six indoor and two mini tennis courts, the multi-million-pound structure boasts a 48-station gym, strength and conditioning suite, refurbished squash courts, coffee bar, judo dojo training facility, dance studio and bar for functions.
The party will start at 4pm with fun tennis games from all, including mums and dads.
At 6pm, the Q+A with Judy Murray, mother of reigning Wimbledon champion Andy, starts before a charity tennis auction at 6.45pm.
The club will be raising money for the Rally for Bally, the star-studded exhibition game in memory of Elena Baltacha, who tragically died from liver cancer in May. The money raised from the event will go to the The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity and The Elena Baltacha Academy of Tennis
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Batchwood Tennis Club said: “We do hope you can come and help us launch the new centre in style. We would love to see all faces, both old and new.”
For regular updates and news about the programme, follow the club’s facebook page: Support Batchwood Tennis Centre.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills