Joy for Harpenden youngsters as victory in dramatic game takes them to national semi-final
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Rugby Club’s U15 girls provided much celebration as they moved into the semi-finals of a national tournament.
The girls made the trip to Hampshire to play Ellingham & Ringwood in the Area Two Cup final.
And after a see-saw game they came out on top after a 27-27 draw, claiming passage after scoring more tries than their hosts.
It was a nerve-wracking end as they waited for confirmation from the rule book but the management were ultimately delighted at their team’s effort.
They said: “The girls showed utmost respect throughout for their opponents who understandably were upset at the end by the loss: our girls accepted their victory with dignity and grace.
“There were numerous individual performances of note but this is a squad game and all the girls put in a shift to get us across the line.”
They will now play at Royal Wootton Bassett on April 15.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 6 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 9 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 10 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report