Journey’s end brings smiles as St Albans Hockey Club send their masters to the Netherlands
- Credit: Archant
It will go down as their longest away fixture of the season – but also probably one of their most enjoyable.
Back in May St Albans Hockey Club’s over 60s team hosted Forcial HC from Rockanje in the Netherlands with the Dutch side taking a 1-0 win.
And now the grand masters have repaid their visitors with a trip of their own across the North Sea.
An entertaining 5-3 defeat in the coastal town just south of The Hague did nothing to dampen the enthusiasm of the Tangerines team who enjoyed more hockey the following day at the neighbouring town of Hellevoetsluis.
That saw 10 scratch teams playing a full day of hockey followed by an oyster and mussel evening.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the side said: “It was a long drive for the St Albans players but well worth the journey.”
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 4 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans