Journey’s end brings smiles as St Albans Hockey Club send their masters to the Netherlands
- Credit: Archant
It will go down as their longest away fixture of the season – but also probably one of their most enjoyable.
Back in May St Albans Hockey Club’s over 60s team hosted Forcial HC from Rockanje in the Netherlands with the Dutch side taking a 1-0 win.
And now the grand masters have repaid their visitors with a trip of their own across the North Sea.
An entertaining 5-3 defeat in the coastal town just south of The Hague did nothing to dampen the enthusiasm of the Tangerines team who enjoyed more hockey the following day at the neighbouring town of Hellevoetsluis.
That saw 10 scratch teams playing a full day of hockey followed by an oyster and mussel evening.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the side said: “It was a long drive for the St Albans players but well worth the journey.”
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 5 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 6 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 7 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 8 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 9 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans