Jordan takes Vet-50 title over ultra distance
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Arrows’ Andy Jordan won the male vets-50 age group at the UK Ultra Distance Trail Running Championships 2014.
He also finished fifth overall at the 11th running of the event, which is a non-stop race along the entire 86 mile length of the Ridgeway national trail and has over 9,000 feet of ascent.
Starting at 12pm on Saturday, Jordan completed the race in 15hrs 54mins.
“It was a cool clear night sky without a moon as I crossed the North Wessex Downs on Saturday and as the closest runner behind me was about three miles back, I had the place to myself and kept turning off my headtorch just to take in the stars” he said.
“In 2009 I ran the Ridgeway and won my age group then so it was great to come back again five years later, run a faster time and take away a UK Ultra Distance Trail Running Championship first place medal.”
You may also want to watch:
Harpenden Arrows meet every Tuesday and Thursday at 7.30pm, St George’s School, Sun Lane, Harpenden. To find out more you can visit www.harpendenarrows.co.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 8 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre