Jordan breaks course record at Adidas Thunder Run
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Arrows’ Andy Jordan broke the course record to win the 24-hour Adidas Thunder Run.
The Thunder Run is an endurance race where runners compete in teams, pairs or solo over a 10k looped cross country course.
Jordan beat the old record by 12.4 miles, clocking up an incredible 22 laps and 136 miles.
“I’m over the moon to win so decisively and break a long standing course record in the process,” he said.
“I’m 52 years old and although I often place well in races and have come first in my age group in races such as the St Albans Half marathon and the Ridgeway Challenge, I have always had the ambition to win a race outright.”
You may also want to watch:
Jordan was not the only Arrows runner to win their race. Hannah Turner won the female solo category after completing 16 laps, a total of 100 miles.
In the male pairs category, Ammon Piepgrass and Patrick McGuinness picked up third place, totaling 149 miles.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
Over 27 Arrows members took part in the race.
To find out more about Harpenden Arrows, visit www.harpendenarrows.co.uk