Jones inspires Saints to victory
Division One St Albans 216-7 (53) Hoddesdon 104-10 (38.2) MARTIN Jones led by example as St Albans defeated Hoddesdon at Clarence Park on Saturday. Skipper Jones fired 75 to inspire Saints to 216-7 after they were inserted by the visitors.
St Albans 216-7 (53) Hoddesdon 104-10 (38.2)
MARTIN Jones led by example as St Albans defeated Hoddesdon at Clarence Park on Saturday.
Skipper Jones fired 75 to inspire Saints to 216-7 after they were inserted by the visitors. In reply, James Goodwin picked up 5-23 off 10 overs with three maidens as Hoddesdon were dismissed for just 104.
St Albans II won the toss and executed their plan well after inserting Hemel Hempstead II in Division Three. Hosts Hemel posted 211-8 off their 51 overs but in reply, Saints took full advantage of the 49 overs on offer to win the chase and take the points on 212-9.
In Division Seven, St Albans III lost by seven wickets away from home at Old Cholmeleians. The visitors were asked to bat first and Andrew Rudlin (25) played a key support role in the St Albans innings as they posted 223-5 declared off 48 overs. Shaun Wischnowsky attacked the bowling to score a spectacular 102 on a difficult pitch and Pat McCarthy scored 59 not out.
- 1 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 2 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 3 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 4 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 5 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 6 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 7 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 8 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 9 St Albans is one of UK's worst locations for hay fever
- 10 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
In reply, OCs took advantage of some ordinary bowling and four dropped catches to smash their way to victory on 226-3 off 34.3 overs. Only Jamie Telkman bowled with enough line and length to hold his head up in the bar afterwards.