Jones has his sights set on F1 as he enters third Forumla Vee Championship
- Credit: Archant
A young driving sensation from Radlett is set to take on some of the best racing drivers from Britain in the upcoming Tillotson Formula Vee Championship.
Alex Jones, who celebrated his 22nd birthday on Monday, is entering into his third Formula Vee season but has his sights set on Formula One and eventually the greatest race of them all, Le Mans.
The Formula Vee season, using 1300cc VW cars, zooms into action on April 25 at Brands Hatch, the first of 14 races, and
the precocious talent is raring to go and give it his all.
“I am really looking forward to this season and I cannot wait to get testing the new car,” said Alex.
You may also want to watch:
“I need to keep pushing myself as I know the car can win races and get podiums. “I am not at that stage at the moment but you never know what motorsport can give you.”
The ever-improving youngster has been a huge driving fan since he was eight and, after years of karting, he signed with the Osport team for the 2013 season and he’s loved it ever since. He will race for Bears Motorsport this season.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 6 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 7 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
The gifted vicenarian has attracted interest from a team in the coveted Ginetta Supercup, a supporter of the British Touring Cars championship, which attracts 300,000 fans over the year with 1.5m viewers watching on ITV4.
Jones is looking to find the budget to enter the series as soon as possible and this could be the stepping stone for him to reach the top.
“Finding the budget is the biggest issue as the higher you go up the motorsport ladder, the higher the budget goes,” Alex said.
The hotshot will hope he can have a successful season to provide the springboard for future success. If you would like to sponsor Jones, contact him on email@example.com.