Jones has his sights set on F1 as he enters third Forumla Vee Championship
- Credit: Archant
A young driving sensation from Radlett is set to take on some of the best racing drivers from Britain in the upcoming Tillotson Formula Vee Championship.
Alex Jones, who celebrated his 22nd birthday on Monday, is entering into his third Formula Vee season but has his sights set on Formula One and eventually the greatest race of them all, Le Mans.
The Formula Vee season, using 1300cc VW cars, zooms into action on April 25 at Brands Hatch, the first of 14 races, and
the precocious talent is raring to go and give it his all.
“I am really looking forward to this season and I cannot wait to get testing the new car,” said Alex.
You may also want to watch:
“I need to keep pushing myself as I know the car can win races and get podiums. “I am not at that stage at the moment but you never know what motorsport can give you.”
The ever-improving youngster has been a huge driving fan since he was eight and, after years of karting, he signed with the Osport team for the 2013 season and he’s loved it ever since. He will race for Bears Motorsport this season.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
The gifted vicenarian has attracted interest from a team in the coveted Ginetta Supercup, a supporter of the British Touring Cars championship, which attracts 300,000 fans over the year with 1.5m viewers watching on ITV4.
Jones is looking to find the budget to enter the series as soon as possible and this could be the stepping stone for him to reach the top.
“Finding the budget is the biggest issue as the higher you go up the motorsport ladder, the higher the budget goes,” Alex said.
The hotshot will hope he can have a successful season to provide the springboard for future success. If you would like to sponsor Jones, contact him on email@example.com.