John Jones add regional championship to growing list of cyclo-cross success
- Credit: Archant
Yet another great result for Verulam Reallymoving’s John Jones saw him claim the Eastern Region Cyclo-cross Championship.
Held over a long and gruelling course at Stanborough Park in Welwyn Garden City, the event was combined with he Central Region’s competition.
And it saw Jones cross the line in fourth place in the V50 race, but as he was the first from the Eastern Region to do so, he claimed the title.
Christine Pout was also celebrating as she took the title in the V50 women’s category.
Emma Knox and brother Alarik Knox of sister club Verulam CC took the honours for the Central Region in the U8 girls’ and U10 boys’ age groups.
You may also want to watch:
Emma was the outright winner of the U8 girls while Alarik came second overall, finding the challenge of new Eastern Region champion, Colchester Rovers CC’s George Collins just too much.
London Colney’s Oli Stockwell was the winner in the junior men’s race.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 6 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25