Letchworth go for Brain to lead the push for promotion
- Credit: Archant
Letchworth Rugby Club are hoping to use their Brain to get their promotion charge after appointing a new playing captain for the season.
Head coach Baz Basra has gone for second-row John Brain to lead the Legends’ charge up the London Two North West table.
The forward is no stranger to the role either having took on the responsibility in a number of games last season.
As a youngster, Brain enjoyed his rugby at Royston but feeling the need to step up the leagues, he followed in his father David’s footsteps and joined Letchworth.
He said: “The club have declared an ambition to challenge for promotion within two seasons and my on-field job is to motivate and keep us playing to the game plan.
You may also want to watch:
“Off the field it is to bond the team into a band of brothers.
“I believe we have the talent to challenge for and meet that ambition. It starts with hard yards now.”
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Training within the RFU guidelines started on Thursday with over 50 players reporting for duty.
Any new players are welcome to turn up and join in.