Letchworth go for Brain to lead the push for promotion
- Credit: Archant
Letchworth Rugby Club are hoping to use their Brain to get their promotion charge after appointing a new playing captain for the season.
Head coach Baz Basra has gone for second-row John Brain to lead the Legends’ charge up the London Two North West table.
The forward is no stranger to the role either having took on the responsibility in a number of games last season.
As a youngster, Brain enjoyed his rugby at Royston but feeling the need to step up the leagues, he followed in his father David’s footsteps and joined Letchworth.
He said: “The club have declared an ambition to challenge for promotion within two seasons and my on-field job is to motivate and keep us playing to the game plan.
“Off the field it is to bond the team into a band of brothers.
“I believe we have the talent to challenge for and meet that ambition. It starts with hard yards now.”
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 3 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 4 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 5 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 6 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 7 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 8 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
- 9 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 10 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
Training within the RFU guidelines started on Thursday with over 50 players reporting for duty.
Any new players are welcome to turn up and join in.