Letchworth go for Brain to lead the push for promotion
- Credit: Archant
Letchworth Rugby Club are hoping to use their Brain to get their promotion charge after appointing a new playing captain for the season.
Head coach Baz Basra has gone for second-row John Brain to lead the Legends’ charge up the London Two North West table.
The forward is no stranger to the role either having took on the responsibility in a number of games last season.
As a youngster, Brain enjoyed his rugby at Royston but feeling the need to step up the leagues, he followed in his father David’s footsteps and joined Letchworth.
He said: “The club have declared an ambition to challenge for promotion within two seasons and my on-field job is to motivate and keep us playing to the game plan.
“Off the field it is to bond the team into a band of brothers.
“I believe we have the talent to challenge for and meet that ambition. It starts with hard yards now.”
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 4 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 6 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 7 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 8 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 9 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 10 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
Training within the RFU guidelines started on Thursday with over 50 players reporting for duty.
Any new players are welcome to turn up and join in.