John Bohn wins Herts Salver at Aldwickbury Golf Club
- Credit: Archant
ALDWICKBURY Park Golf Club welcomed the county’s finest golfers for the 2013 Herts Salver event.
Jeremy Bohn of Hartsbourne, won the tournament with a two under par score of 69, getting to the turn from the 10 tee in an impressive 32 shots.
More than 60 golfers took part in the Championship in glorious sunshine at Aldwickbury Park – part of BGL Golf, the UK’s leading golf course owners and operator – playing the club’s 18-hole Park Course, which was designed by former Ryder Cup star and BBC commentator Ken Brown.
Luke Hynes, a 15-year-old from Porters Park, followed closely finishing his round with three impressive birdies and a final score of 70. Scoring just one more shot, Paul McAvoy finished in third place.
Andrew Shewbridge, Aldwickbury Park Golf Club General Manager, said: “Not only have we had great weather but we’ve seen some great golf today with 28 players in the field of more than 60 golfers returning a score of 75 or better.
“We wish all of the qualifiers the very best of luck in the upcoming County Championship.”
Eric Wyllie, Captain of The Society of Hertfordshire Golf Captains, sponsors of the Herts Salver event, presented the winners with their prizes.
- 1 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 3 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 4 Married at First Sight: St Albans' Whitney wants to walk down the aisle
- 5 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 6 Motorcyclist in serious but stable condition after B556 London Colney crash
- 7 Main footpath closed while CCOS South work underway
- 8 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 9 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 10 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
To find out more about Aldwickbury Park Golf Club visit www.aldwickburyparkgolfclub.co.uk, call 01582 760112 or follow on Twitter @aldwickburygolf.