Former Old Albanian loanee Joel Kpoku signs new Saracens deal
- Credit: PA
Saracens have tied one of the newest and youngest stars to the club for another two seasons.
Joel Kpoku, who also played on loan at Old Albanian, has signed until 2022.
The 20-year-old has been with the club since 2015 and has shown great promise since scoring on his senior debut against Leicester Tigers in October 2018.
He said: “I’m over the moon to re-sign at such a great club. The group of players that are at this club are really special.
“Coming through the academy with a few of the boys, we’ve come a long way and it was non-negotiable for me to want stay around and push on.
“Next year will be a good challenge. It’s about staying together and hopefully we’ll do a good job.”
Director of rugby Mark McCall said: “Joel is a young player who has made steady progress over the last few years having excelled in our academy.
- 1 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 4 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 5 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 8 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school
- 9 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
“He is dedicated to doing what is necessary to improve his game and we are excited to watch him continue his development.”