Joe Fundrey named North Herts Athletics’ disability athlete of the year
JOE Fundrey has been named Disability Athlete of the Year by the Stevenage and North Herts Athletics Club.
The Year 9 student at The Marlborough Science Academy competes in the javelin, discus and shot, and is the first athlete to have competed for the club’s disability and mainstream teams.
“Joe competed throughout last year for the region at national, regional and county disability championships,” said a spokesman for the club.
“He was always keen and eager to improve his performances and worked hard in training all year. This year he has made his debut for the club in the Eastern Young Athletes League and has joined in holiday Master Classes, but it is off the track that our Javelin Joe has stood out.
“Joe’s effort and enthusiasm have made a huge contribution to our disability fundraising group supporting all events but also running a cake sale at his school. He is a true club member.
You may also want to watch:
“Joe gained the award of Disability Athlete of the Year for his contribution to all sections of the athletics club, his friendship, humour and willingness to join in and make a contribution to the wider aspects of club participation.”
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests