Joe Fundrey named North Herts Athletics’ disability athlete of the year
JOE Fundrey has been named Disability Athlete of the Year by the Stevenage and North Herts Athletics Club.
The Year 9 student at The Marlborough Science Academy competes in the javelin, discus and shot, and is the first athlete to have competed for the club’s disability and mainstream teams.
“Joe competed throughout last year for the region at national, regional and county disability championships,” said a spokesman for the club.
“He was always keen and eager to improve his performances and worked hard in training all year. This year he has made his debut for the club in the Eastern Young Athletes League and has joined in holiday Master Classes, but it is off the track that our Javelin Joe has stood out.
“Joe’s effort and enthusiasm have made a huge contribution to our disability fundraising group supporting all events but also running a cake sale at his school. He is a true club member.
You may also want to watch:
“Joe gained the award of Disability Athlete of the Year for his contribution to all sections of the athletics club, his friendship, humour and willingness to join in and make a contribution to the wider aspects of club participation.”
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area