Jimmy Hill scores hat-trick on debut
LONDON Colney’s summer signing Jimmy Hill opened his account with a hat-trick on Saturday against Amersham.
The former Harpenden Town striker scored the first goal of the Blueboys’ pre-season campaign, a 25-yard blast that left the goalkeeper with no chance.
The score remained the same until early in the second period when Amersham managed to scramble home an equaliser.
That was as good as it got for Amersham as London Colney began to dominate the game.
Hill netted his second after linking up with Jimmy Warner – a partnership manager Ryan Thompson will hope to see evolve further – before completing his hat-trick, showing why teams were after his signature.
You may also want to watch:
The Blueboys’ fourth goal was scored by Yasin Boodhoo when he rose up high in the box to head home Ollie Wedd’s cross from the right wing.
The reserves did not fare as well as the first team, going down 6-1 against Kent Athletic. Steve Harris scored the reserves’ goal.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant