Jimmy Hill scores hat-trick on debut
LONDON Colney’s summer signing Jimmy Hill opened his account with a hat-trick on Saturday against Amersham.
The former Harpenden Town striker scored the first goal of the Blueboys’ pre-season campaign, a 25-yard blast that left the goalkeeper with no chance.
The score remained the same until early in the second period when Amersham managed to scramble home an equaliser.
That was as good as it got for Amersham as London Colney began to dominate the game.
Hill netted his second after linking up with Jimmy Warner – a partnership manager Ryan Thompson will hope to see evolve further – before completing his hat-trick, showing why teams were after his signature.
You may also want to watch:
The Blueboys’ fourth goal was scored by Yasin Boodhoo when he rose up high in the box to head home Ollie Wedd’s cross from the right wing.
The reserves did not fare as well as the first team, going down 6-1 against Kent Athletic. Steve Harris scored the reserves’ goal.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 9 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 10 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism