Jimmy Gray starts Barton Rovers reign by signing three from London Colney and one from St Albans City
- Credit: Archant
Former St Albans City manager Jimmy Gray has started rebuilding at new club Barton Rovers – and he has started by raiding some familiar players.
Charlie Smith, Sam Doolan and Dave Corran have all arrived at the Southern League Division One central club from London Colney.
And he has also recruited St Albans City youngster Elliot Bailey.
Bailey was one of his players when he was youth team manager at City and Gray also managed Smith at Clarence Park.
Doolan and Corran were two key players last year as London Colney just missed out on promotion to the Southern League.
You may also want to watch:
Gray was handed the Rovers job at the end of last season, bringing ex-St Albans coach Mark Boyce in as his assistant manager.
He was in charge at Clarence Park, along with Graham Golds, for three years before the pair resigned in November last year.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development