Jimmy Gray starts Barton Rovers reign by signing three from London Colney and one from St Albans City
- Credit: Archant
Former St Albans City manager Jimmy Gray has started rebuilding at new club Barton Rovers – and he has started by raiding some familiar players.
Charlie Smith, Sam Doolan and Dave Corran have all arrived at the Southern League Division One central club from London Colney.
And he has also recruited St Albans City youngster Elliot Bailey.
Bailey was one of his players when he was youth team manager at City and Gray also managed Smith at Clarence Park.
Doolan and Corran were two key players last year as London Colney just missed out on promotion to the Southern League.
You may also want to watch:
Gray was handed the Rovers job at the end of last season, bringing ex-St Albans coach Mark Boyce in as his assistant manager.
He was in charge at Clarence Park, along with Graham Golds, for three years before the pair resigned in November last year.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 9 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 10 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism