Jimmy Gray explains decision behind John Kyriacou move to Cambridge City
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City joint-manager Jimmy Gray has spoken of the reasons why John Kyriacou has been given dual-registration with Cambridge City
The right-back moved to the Southern Premier League side last week, making his debut in a league cup win over St Neots before lining up against Poole Town on Saturday.
But Gray was quick to point out that this was not the end of Kyriacou’s time at Clarence Park.
He said: “I’ve sent him out on dual-reg to Cambridge City. I’ve brought Ben Nunn in from Boreham Wood and for me he hasn’t put a foot wrong yet in every game he’s played.
“But JK is not a player I need to have sat around not playing. It helps him and it helps us that’s he going to continue to play and when called upon, he’ll be back with us.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve got three or four lads on dual-registration. We can only have 16 players in the squad playing.”
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery