Jimmy Gray explains decision behind John Kyriacou move to Cambridge City
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City joint-manager Jimmy Gray has spoken of the reasons why John Kyriacou has been given dual-registration with Cambridge City
The right-back moved to the Southern Premier League side last week, making his debut in a league cup win over St Neots before lining up against Poole Town on Saturday.
But Gray was quick to point out that this was not the end of Kyriacou’s time at Clarence Park.
He said: “I’ve sent him out on dual-reg to Cambridge City. I’ve brought Ben Nunn in from Boreham Wood and for me he hasn’t put a foot wrong yet in every game he’s played.
“But JK is not a player I need to have sat around not playing. It helps him and it helps us that’s he going to continue to play and when called upon, he’ll be back with us.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve got three or four lads on dual-registration. We can only have 16 players in the squad playing.”
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Green light given to new hospital project
- 7 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved