Jersey title for representative team
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Primary Schools Representative team added the Jersey Festival to their growing haul of trophies.
The district had two teams at the festival with 24 boys making the trip.
The A team won all six of their games, which hasn’t happened since 2007, with victories over Potters Bar, Gloucester, Hackney, Thurrock, Barking & Dagenham. They then beat the hosts in the final.
The A team has already won the Plymouth Festival and the Berkshire League and has a Herts League cup final on May 2 at Oakmere School in Potters Bar. They also have a Crisp Shield semi-final at Havering on April 25.
The B team played mainly A squads, including Jersey, Potters Bar and Hackney, throughout the week and played extremely well against tough opposition.
You may also want to watch:
With the season coming to a close, the representative squads have played a total of 66 games between them and have four more to come.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans