Jersey title for representative team
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Primary Schools Representative team added the Jersey Festival to their growing haul of trophies.
The district had two teams at the festival with 24 boys making the trip.
The A team won all six of their games, which hasn’t happened since 2007, with victories over Potters Bar, Gloucester, Hackney, Thurrock, Barking & Dagenham. They then beat the hosts in the final.
The A team has already won the Plymouth Festival and the Berkshire League and has a Herts League cup final on May 2 at Oakmere School in Potters Bar. They also have a Crisp Shield semi-final at Havering on April 25.
The B team played mainly A squads, including Jersey, Potters Bar and Hackney, throughout the week and played extremely well against tough opposition.
You may also want to watch:
With the season coming to a close, the representative squads have played a total of 66 games between them and have four more to come.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 5 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 6 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 7 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 8 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 9 Lease up for grabs on vacant Batchwood Hall building
- 10 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities