Jenny Maddocks win St Albans Parkrun
- Credit: Archant
TWENTY-eight striders competed in the Wheathampstead 10k on Sunday.
Gary Warren finished fourth overall in 38mins 31secs, which was good enough for the second in the Veteran 40 category. Martin Whitworth was just 10 seconds behind his teammate, which was good enough for 10th overall.
Colin Braybrook (41mins 55secs) was second in the Veteran 50 and Richard Devereux (41mins 55 secs) rounded off Striders’ top four runners.
The first four female Striders to finish were Elaine Garvican (40mins 36secs), Wendy Walsh (44mins 54secs), Susan Pearson McDonald (48mins 54secs) and Laura Hawkins (52mins 55secs).
The St Albans Parkrun was well attended on Saturday with 188 runners taking part. The first male Strider in was Mark Castleton (19mins 2secs) and Jenny Maddocks (19mins 55secs) was the first female overall.
You may also want to watch:
For information about how to join St Albans Striders visit their website www.stalbansstriders.com.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'