Jenny Maddocks win St Albans Parkrun
- Credit: Archant
TWENTY-eight striders competed in the Wheathampstead 10k on Sunday.
Gary Warren finished fourth overall in 38mins 31secs, which was good enough for the second in the Veteran 40 category. Martin Whitworth was just 10 seconds behind his teammate, which was good enough for 10th overall.
Colin Braybrook (41mins 55secs) was second in the Veteran 50 and Richard Devereux (41mins 55 secs) rounded off Striders’ top four runners.
The first four female Striders to finish were Elaine Garvican (40mins 36secs), Wendy Walsh (44mins 54secs), Susan Pearson McDonald (48mins 54secs) and Laura Hawkins (52mins 55secs).
The St Albans Parkrun was well attended on Saturday with 188 runners taking part. The first male Strider in was Mark Castleton (19mins 2secs) and Jenny Maddocks (19mins 55secs) was the first female overall.
You may also want to watch:
For information about how to join St Albans Striders visit their website www.stalbansstriders.com.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 6 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 7 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim