Jenny Maddocks win St Albans Parkrun
- Credit: Archant
TWENTY-eight striders competed in the Wheathampstead 10k on Sunday.
Gary Warren finished fourth overall in 38mins 31secs, which was good enough for the second in the Veteran 40 category. Martin Whitworth was just 10 seconds behind his teammate, which was good enough for 10th overall.
Colin Braybrook (41mins 55secs) was second in the Veteran 50 and Richard Devereux (41mins 55 secs) rounded off Striders’ top four runners.
The first four female Striders to finish were Elaine Garvican (40mins 36secs), Wendy Walsh (44mins 54secs), Susan Pearson McDonald (48mins 54secs) and Laura Hawkins (52mins 55secs).
The St Albans Parkrun was well attended on Saturday with 188 runners taking part. The first male Strider in was Mark Castleton (19mins 2secs) and Jenny Maddocks (19mins 55secs) was the first female overall.
For information about how to join St Albans Striders visit their website www.stalbansstriders.com.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 9 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area