Jenkins keeps up fine form for Radlett
Radlett 260-9 drew with Welwyn Garden City 20-2 – match abandoned due to rain Tom Jenkins continued his magnificent season with a splendid 78 in a sodden draw at Welwyn Garden City on Saturday, taking his season s total in the Home Counties Premier Leagu
Radlett 260-9 drew with Welwyn Garden City 20-2 - match abandoned due to rain
Tom Jenkins continued his magnificent season with a splendid 78 in a sodden draw at Welwyn Garden City on Saturday, taking his season's total in the Home Counties Premier League to 543.
The Herts wicket-keeper maintained his place among the league's heavy run scorers as some consolation for Radlett's unlucky summer with the weather.
Three times previously rain had denied Shane Burger's side a likely win, and they dominated Welwyn Garden City before the premature closure.
You may also want to watch:
Radlett, restricted by rain to 55 overs, scored 260-9 while the home side had reached 20-2 off 15 overs. Middlesex all-rounder Gareth Berg captured both wickets before the rain became too heavy to continue.
If this had been a full-length match, Welwyn would probably have been under pressure to salvage a draw.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
After Berg had fallen for only two, Burger, with 60, and Jenkins increased the score to almost unassailable size, but the draw kept Radlett anchored in mid-table with matches running out.
l Radlett II lost their place at the top of Herts League Division Two when rain prevented them from finishing off Northwood Town. Nick Fielden scored a fine 92.
l Radlett III and IV both suffered disappointing defeats, while the Radlett V beat North Mymms IV by nine wickets. They will be hoping to bounce back at the weekend.