Jenkins keeps up fine form for Radlett
Radlett 260-9 drew with Welwyn Garden City 20-2 – match abandoned due to rain Tom Jenkins continued his magnificent season with a splendid 78 in a sodden draw at Welwyn Garden City on Saturday, taking his season s total in the Home Counties Premier Leagu
Radlett 260-9 drew with Welwyn Garden City 20-2 - match abandoned due to rain
Tom Jenkins continued his magnificent season with a splendid 78 in a sodden draw at Welwyn Garden City on Saturday, taking his season's total in the Home Counties Premier League to 543.
The Herts wicket-keeper maintained his place among the league's heavy run scorers as some consolation for Radlett's unlucky summer with the weather.
Three times previously rain had denied Shane Burger's side a likely win, and they dominated Welwyn Garden City before the premature closure.
Radlett, restricted by rain to 55 overs, scored 260-9 while the home side had reached 20-2 off 15 overs. Middlesex all-rounder Gareth Berg captured both wickets before the rain became too heavy to continue.
If this had been a full-length match, Welwyn would probably have been under pressure to salvage a draw.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 3 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 4 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
- 5 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
- 6 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 7 School's generous donation to foodbank
- 8 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 9 Return of Harpenden Carnival promises fun for all the family
- 10 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
After Berg had fallen for only two, Burger, with 60, and Jenkins increased the score to almost unassailable size, but the draw kept Radlett anchored in mid-table with matches running out.
l Radlett II lost their place at the top of Herts League Division Two when rain prevented them from finishing off Northwood Town. Nick Fielden scored a fine 92.
l Radlett III and IV both suffered disappointing defeats, while the Radlett V beat North Mymms IV by nine wickets. They will be hoping to bounce back at the weekend.