Jemma gets gold ahead of nationals
MARSHALSWICK Judo Club attended the Somerset open championships where they took four gold medals and one silver. Leading the way in the Junior under 55kilo group was Jemma O Dwyer, taking the gold in her weight group. Gemma is now looking forward
MARSHALSWICK Judo Club attended the Somerset open championships where they took four gold medals and one silver.
Leading the way in the Junior under 55kilo group was Jemma O'Dwyer, taking the gold in her weight group. Gemma is now looking forward to the Junior Nationals which will be held in Hereford on Sunday.
Gemma Vowles competed in a judo competition for the first time in six years and won gold in the women's Dan Grade under 73kilo group.
Competing in his very first event, Sam Barrett took gold in the men's KYU grade under 73 in the 6th KYU 3rd KYU group, with some very impressive judo.
You may also want to watch:
Along with Sam was TJ Tovey who was competing in the men's under 73kilo group 2nd Kyu to 1st KYU where he took the silver on a decision .
Martin Square ensured a good finish for the club with gold in the men's under 73kilo DAN grades group. Martin, who is one of Marshalswick's senior coaches, performed really well on the day and rounded off the five trophy wins.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 3 Green light given to new hospital project
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 6 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment