Jemma gets gold ahead of nationals
MARSHALSWICK Judo Club attended the Somerset open championships where they took four gold medals and one silver. Leading the way in the Junior under 55kilo group was Jemma O Dwyer, taking the gold in her weight group. Gemma is now looking forward
MARSHALSWICK Judo Club attended the Somerset open championships where they took four gold medals and one silver.
Leading the way in the Junior under 55kilo group was Jemma O'Dwyer, taking the gold in her weight group. Gemma is now looking forward to the Junior Nationals which will be held in Hereford on Sunday.
Gemma Vowles competed in a judo competition for the first time in six years and won gold in the women's Dan Grade under 73kilo group.
Competing in his very first event, Sam Barrett took gold in the men's KYU grade under 73 in the 6th KYU 3rd KYU group, with some very impressive judo.
You may also want to watch:
Along with Sam was TJ Tovey who was competing in the men's under 73kilo group 2nd Kyu to 1st KYU where he took the silver on a decision .
Martin Square ensured a good finish for the club with gold in the men's under 73kilo DAN grades group. Martin, who is one of Marshalswick's senior coaches, performed really well on the day and rounded off the five trophy wins.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared