Janssen's second place finish helps PCM edge closer to top spot
HARPENDEN S professional cycling team, Plowman Craven Madison, have won second place in the new televised Tour Series held in the town centre of Exeter. The team s 25-year-old pro, Jeroen Janssen took to the circuit determined to show his bravery against
HARPENDEN'S professional cycling team, Plowman Craven Madison, have won second place in the new televised Tour Series held in the town centre of Exeter.
The team's 25-year-old pro, Jeroen Janssen took to the circuit determined to show his bravery against top Olympian cyclists such as Rob Hayles and Ed Clancy in a one hour race on a 1.5 km high speed circuit; giving a race of thrills and spills and fully supported by an excited cheering crowd.
The tour consists of ten teams of five riders who have been invited to compete in this ten race series.
Halfway through the race the cyclists formed a leading group of twelve, and in the last 200 metres Dean Downing, the National Champion pushed forward narrowly beating Janssen as PCM finished fourth in the event.
You may also want to watch:
This result helped takes the team to third position after two events with 17 points just behind joint-leaders Rapha Condor and Candi TV/ Marshall Pasta with 20 points.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 'Witty, dramatic and rewarding' Skylight set for Abbey Theatre in St Albans