Janssen's second place finish helps PCM edge closer to top spot
HARPENDEN S professional cycling team, Plowman Craven Madison, have won second place in the new televised Tour Series held in the town centre of Exeter. The team s 25-year-old pro, Jeroen Janssen took to the circuit determined to show his bravery against
HARPENDEN'S professional cycling team, Plowman Craven Madison, have won second place in the new televised Tour Series held in the town centre of Exeter.
The team's 25-year-old pro, Jeroen Janssen took to the circuit determined to show his bravery against top Olympian cyclists such as Rob Hayles and Ed Clancy in a one hour race on a 1.5 km high speed circuit; giving a race of thrills and spills and fully supported by an excited cheering crowd.
The tour consists of ten teams of five riders who have been invited to compete in this ten race series.
Halfway through the race the cyclists formed a leading group of twelve, and in the last 200 metres Dean Downing, the National Champion pushed forward narrowly beating Janssen as PCM finished fourth in the event.
You may also want to watch:
This result helped takes the team to third position after two events with 17 points just behind joint-leaders Rapha Condor and Candi TV/ Marshall Pasta with 20 points.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development