James Comley set for St Albans City exit?
- Credit: Archant
After three arrivals at Clarence Park this week, one man looks set for the exit door.
Midfielder James Comley appears to be leaving St Albans with a club in Sweden or Maidenhead United his likely destinations.
And when asked after Saints’ 1-0 loss to Truro, manager Harry Wheeler couldn’t confirm or deny the story.
He said: “Potentially. I don’t know. Genuinely I don’t know if it is confirmed or not confirmed. It wasn’t yesterday. I haven’t spoken to anyone today.
“I really cannot comment either way. But I’ll find out in time and we’ll all probably find out at the same time.”
The prospect of a move didn’t seem to be the decision behind leaving him out though.
Wheeler added: “He just missed out on the squad. It’s not personal, it’s just business and maybe it needed a bit freshening up. He just didn’t make the 16.
- 1 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 2 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 5 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 6 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Call for proper testing for new Charter Market stalls
- 9 St Albans Striders shine at Summer Solstice 10k
- 10 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
“He was fit to play. We have to make decisions at times and I thought the lads who came in did well.”