James Comley set for St Albans City exit?
- Credit: Archant
After three arrivals at Clarence Park this week, one man looks set for the exit door.
Midfielder James Comley appears to be leaving St Albans with a club in Sweden or Maidenhead United his likely destinations.
And when asked after Saints’ 1-0 loss to Truro, manager Harry Wheeler couldn’t confirm or deny the story.
He said: “Potentially. I don’t know. Genuinely I don’t know if it is confirmed or not confirmed. It wasn’t yesterday. I haven’t spoken to anyone today.
“I really cannot comment either way. But I’ll find out in time and we’ll all probably find out at the same time.”
You may also want to watch:
The prospect of a move didn’t seem to be the decision behind leaving him out though.
Wheeler added: “He just missed out on the squad. It’s not personal, it’s just business and maybe it needed a bit freshening up. He just didn’t make the 16.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 9 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 10 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
“He was fit to play. We have to make decisions at times and I thought the lads who came in did well.”