James Comley set for St Albans City exit?
- Credit: Archant
After three arrivals at Clarence Park this week, one man looks set for the exit door.
Midfielder James Comley appears to be leaving St Albans with a club in Sweden or Maidenhead United his likely destinations.
And when asked after Saints’ 1-0 loss to Truro, manager Harry Wheeler couldn’t confirm or deny the story.
He said: “Potentially. I don’t know. Genuinely I don’t know if it is confirmed or not confirmed. It wasn’t yesterday. I haven’t spoken to anyone today.
“I really cannot comment either way. But I’ll find out in time and we’ll all probably find out at the same time.”
The prospect of a move didn’t seem to be the decision behind leaving him out though.
Wheeler added: “He just missed out on the squad. It’s not personal, it’s just business and maybe it needed a bit freshening up. He just didn’t make the 16.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 6 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 9 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 10 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
“He was fit to play. We have to make decisions at times and I thought the lads who came in did well.”