James Comley set for St Albans City exit?
- Credit: Archant
After three arrivals at Clarence Park this week, one man looks set for the exit door.
Midfielder James Comley appears to be leaving St Albans with a club in Sweden or Maidenhead United his likely destinations.
And when asked after Saints’ 1-0 loss to Truro, manager Harry Wheeler couldn’t confirm or deny the story.
He said: “Potentially. I don’t know. Genuinely I don’t know if it is confirmed or not confirmed. It wasn’t yesterday. I haven’t spoken to anyone today.
“I really cannot comment either way. But I’ll find out in time and we’ll all probably find out at the same time.”
You may also want to watch:
The prospect of a move didn’t seem to be the decision behind leaving him out though.
Wheeler added: “He just missed out on the squad. It’s not personal, it’s just business and maybe it needed a bit freshening up. He just didn’t make the 16.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 5 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills
“He was fit to play. We have to make decisions at times and I thought the lads who came in did well.”