Jamega Pro Golf Tour heading to Harpenden
GOLFERS dreaming of a spot on the European Tour alongside the likes of Lee Westwood and Rory McIlroy will be chasing those aspirations at Aldwickbury Park Golf Club from July 16-17.
The Harpenden-based club – part of BGL Golf, the UK’s leading golf course owner and operator – will host the latest round of the popular satellite series the Jamega Pro Golf Tour, the first stepping stone in tournament golf and a feeder to the European Challenge Tour, the second tier of the lucrative European Tour.
Professionals from around Europe will be teeing up over the Park Course, an undulating parkland layout that enjoys spectacular views over the Lea Valley, designed by former Ryder Cup star and BBC commentator Ken Brown.
This is the second successive year the event has been held at Aldwickbury Park, and defending champion Lee James will be looking to continue his good form, which sees him top the current order of merit, and retain his title.
Andrew Shewbridge, Aldwickbury Park Golf Club general manager, said: “Last year’s event attracted a high class field including former European Tour players and they were all highly complimentary about the course.
“This high regard for our course has resulted in many returning for this year’s event and we look forward to welcoming them once again and would like to invite people from around the region to see the stars of tomorrow teeing up.”
Last year the Park Course received high praise from both tournament organisers and players alike, with particular praise for the high quality of the greens.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 4 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 6 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 7 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 8 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 9 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 10 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
“Our greenkeeping staff have been working extremely hard to ensure the course is in pristine condition once again to give the players the kind fairways and greens similar to those they would expect on the main European Tour,” added Shewbridge.
The Jamega Pro Golf Tour at Aldwickbury Park Golf Club is open to spectators to watch free of charge.
For further details visit www.aldwickburyparkgolfclub.co.uk.