Jamega Pro Golf Tour heading to Harpenden
GOLFERS dreaming of a spot on the European Tour alongside the likes of Lee Westwood and Rory McIlroy will be chasing those aspirations at Aldwickbury Park Golf Club from July 16-17.
The Harpenden-based club – part of BGL Golf, the UK’s leading golf course owner and operator – will host the latest round of the popular satellite series the Jamega Pro Golf Tour, the first stepping stone in tournament golf and a feeder to the European Challenge Tour, the second tier of the lucrative European Tour.
Professionals from around Europe will be teeing up over the Park Course, an undulating parkland layout that enjoys spectacular views over the Lea Valley, designed by former Ryder Cup star and BBC commentator Ken Brown.
This is the second successive year the event has been held at Aldwickbury Park, and defending champion Lee James will be looking to continue his good form, which sees him top the current order of merit, and retain his title.
Andrew Shewbridge, Aldwickbury Park Golf Club general manager, said: “Last year’s event attracted a high class field including former European Tour players and they were all highly complimentary about the course.
You may also want to watch:
“This high regard for our course has resulted in many returning for this year’s event and we look forward to welcoming them once again and would like to invite people from around the region to see the stars of tomorrow teeing up.”
Last year the Park Course received high praise from both tournament organisers and players alike, with particular praise for the high quality of the greens.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
“Our greenkeeping staff have been working extremely hard to ensure the course is in pristine condition once again to give the players the kind fairways and greens similar to those they would expect on the main European Tour,” added Shewbridge.
The Jamega Pro Golf Tour at Aldwickbury Park Golf Club is open to spectators to watch free of charge.
For further details visit www.aldwickburyparkgolfclub.co.uk.