England squad ‘proven across the board’ as Jackson Wray predicts good tournament
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
England are in good shape ahead of the Rugby World Cup says Saracens’ Jackson Wray.
The flanker, who many people believe should have been in the mix ahead of the squad selection, says he takes little stock from results in the warm-up fixtures but has seen and heard enough to suggest England are right where they need to be.
"It's hard to take anything from the warm-up games," said the 28-year-old. "Teams are in different positions in terms of their programme for the World Cup.
"The first Wales game was a good performance and it will be interesting to see how they get on as it gets closer.
"The squad is looking good but World Cups are always difficult in terms of how they're run, how the games are set out and the squad being a set amount.
"They are a challenge but the squad they have are proven across the board and I think they'll do very well.
"They just need to utilise that entire 31 to get them to the later stages but from what I hear it's going well."
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 9 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 10 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford