Jack the champ
A 15-year-old schoolboy from Markyate is celebrating after winning the Amateur British Jet Ski Freestyle Championship. Jack Moule, a pupil at Roundwood Park School, was the youngest competitor in the competition but that didn t stop him blitzing the oppos
A 15-year-old schoolboy from Markyate is celebrating after winning the Amateur British Jet Ski Freestyle Championship.
Jack Moule, a pupil at Roundwood Park School, was the youngest competitor in the competition but that didn't stop him blitzing the opposition to add the title to the National Jet Ski title he won last year.
Jack, who only took up the sport in 2007, had to battle his way through six rounds of competition performing a two-minute freestyle routine at venues all across the UK.
A delighted Jack said: "I am so happy, I can't believe I did it! I had to ski really well at every round and hold my nerve as I was competing against the reigning champion and we had a great battle.
You may also want to watch:
"To win is just brilliant!"
Jack is now going to represent Great Britain at The 2009 World Jet Ski Finals in Lake Havasu, Arizona, USA in October where he will be compete in the World Amateur under 900cc Jet Ski class.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
Talking of his Arizona adventure, Jack said: "I don't think I will win as there are so many other top riders taking part from all over the world with more powerful skis than mine.
"But I don't mind, the experience will be amazing and just to be going with my Mum and Dad as The British Champion is enough for me. Anything else would be a bonus this year.