Harpenden’s Jack Singleton called into England squad ahead of second South Africa test
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Harpenden’s Jack Singleton will join up with the England squad in South Africa after being called up as cover.
The Worcester Warrior is needed as England’s third hooker to cover Luke Cowan-Dickie of Exeter Chiefs.
The former St George’s pupil got the call as a precaution after Cowan-Dickie experienced hamstring tightness following the first test defeat in Johannesburg.
The 22-year-old joins an ever-growing contingent from the district.
Already in the squad were fellow Harpenden alumni Owen Farrell, George Ford and Maro Itoje, as well as ex-Verulamians and Old Albanian junior Nick Isiekwe.
England will look to bounce back from their 42-39 loss in Saturday’s second test at Bloemfontein.
The third and final test is at Newlands in Cape Town on June 23.
- 1 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 4 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 5 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 8 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school
- 10 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products