It’s derby time at the Park
Plus details of CITYLIVE coverage
St Albans City V Boreham Wood
Blue Square Bet South
IT’S derby time at Clarence Park on Sunday as St Albans City entertain local rivals and fellow strugglers Boreham Wood.
With snow still present at Clarence Park and temperatures set to hit -8c on Saturday night the game is touch and go.
You may also want to watch:
THE LOWDOWN: After winning promotion to Blue Square Bet South via the Ryman Premier Division Play-offs last season Boreham Wood have found themselves stuck at the wrong end of the table during this campaign.
Having been rock bottom for long spells this season the Hertfordshire side moved above the Saints following a win over Weston-super-Mare.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
Wood’s recent revival has been the result of a serious overhaul of the playing squad at Meadow Park. In have come Ali Chaaban, Michael Kamara and Gareth Risbridger (all Staines) as well as Nicky Nicolau, former Saint Danny Charge and Justin Cochrane.
PLAYER TO WATCH: Former Staines striker Ali Chaaban has been amongst the goals for Wood since arriving at Meadow Park netting twice in five appearances.
LAST LINEUP – vs. Eastbourne Boro (FAT): Jones; Garrad, Nicolau, Moran, Wilkinson; Noto, Risbridger, Godfrey, Hunter, Cochrane; Chaaban.
LAST TIME: The last time the two sides met was back in 2007 when Boreham Wood secured a 3-2 win in the Herts Senior Cup. The Saints found themselves 3-0 down at the break before second half goals from Hasim Deen and Craig O’Connor added some respectability to the score.
The last league meeting between the two sides was as far back as February 2003 when Jude Stirling’s goal gave the Wood a 1-0 win over the Saints in the Ryman Premier League.
TEAM NEWS: Striker Ollie Palmer is available for selection after City extended his loan deal for a further month but Adam Everitt is unavailable as he still has one game left of his suspension.
Nick Chrysanthou, Josh Humbert, David Galbraith and Joe Newell are all available after signing forms with the club over the past seven days.