It’s derby time
IT’S derby time at Harpenden Common this weekend as Harpenden and Radlett come head-to-head for the first time this season.
The two premier sides in Herts Advertiser country meet on Saturday looking to chalk up their second win of the campaign.
It’s been a mixed start to the new season for both sides, winning one game each and suffering one defeat.
Radlett are looking for a year of consolidation after losing several key players over the winter and the form of captain Shane Burger and promising all-rounder Kabir Toor look to be crucial to their success this season.
Burger has certainly led by example with both bat and ball averaging 52 with the bat and taking six wickets in his side’s two outings and the South African will be keen to add to that on Saturday.
Harpenden will be looking to banish the memory of their last home outing against Tring Park where they lost Nick Lamb and Ben Clements to the first two balls of the match.
Prior to that the pair had been in fine form with the bat but skipper Ben Frazer has warned against relying on the duo to score big every week.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 3 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 6 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 7 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 8 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 9 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 10 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
“They’ve been exceptional so far,” said Frazer of Lamb and Clements. “We can’t just rely on them, there’s other in the team that are capable of batting and we can’t just rely on two boys to get us runs.”
Both sides will be delighted with the excellent weather forecast for this Saturday following last weekend’s rain meant no play was possible for either side.