International call for shooting star Mary
MARY Perrott of the Abbey Bowmen club, St Albans is in Turkey representing Great Britain at the World Junior Championships. After retaining her title of Southern Counties Junior Girl Compound Champion last month, Mary was selected to represent GB in Turkey
MARY Perrott of the Abbey Bowmen club, St Albans is in Turkey representing Great Britain at the World Junior Championships.
After retaining her title of Southern Counties Junior Girl Compound Champion last month, Mary was selected to represent GB in Turkey. She also featured for GB in 2007 at the World Indoor Archery Championships where she won a bronze medal as part of the three-strong junior girl compound team.
Mary has been selected for a place on the 2008/9 Elite Athlete Support Programme at the University of Hertfordshire and is currently sponsored by Aim 4 Sport and the bow manufacturer Merlin.
The Elite Athlete Support Programme is a joint initiative between the Herts Sports Partnership, University of Hertfordshire, Lee Valley Regional Park Authority and the English Institute of Sport.
You may also want to watch:
The range of services offered includes weekly strength and conditioning training, nutritional advice, time management advice, media training and physiotherapy support. The services are similar to those offered to senior elite athletes.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 4 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images