Inner Warrior camps at Tabard Rugby Club to provide ladies with new way to stay ‘mentally and physically healthy’
- Credit: Archant
Tabard Rugby Club are offering ladies an alternative to any New Year fitness resolutions with the running of two Inner Warrior camps.
The first takes place at 7.30pm on Wednesday night at the club’s Cobden Hill base while the second, which is open to U13 girls, is on Sunday, January 27, at 11.30am.
Inner Warrior camps are promoted by the RFU who will have coaches on hand to help participants step out of their comfort zone and tackle a fun introduction to the sport.
All you’ll need to take part are trainers and your usual workout gear plus a “have a go” attitude.
Former England international Vicky Macqueen said: “The work you do together on the pitch bonds you off it. It’s given me so many lifelong friends.
You may also want to watch:
“Women should definitely try rugby because it is such an exhilarating feeling. It really is a great sport for anyone as well as a fantastic, fun way to stay both mentally and physically healthy.”
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 9 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land