Injury hit Myley Cash ready to resume climb to the top of the boxing world
PUBLISHED: 06:30 25 February 2016
An undefeated St Albans boxer is set to resume his career – after almost a year out with injury.
Myley Cash won all five of his first professional fights before an injury to his right hand in May last year left him on the sidelines.
However, doctors have given the 23-year-old middleweight the green light to carry on his boxing career.
And he intends to make the most of it, starting on Saturday at York Hall in Bethnal Green.
He said: “I’ve been boxing with one hand in my last two fights.
“Both times my hand went in the second round and my right hand is one of my favourite counter punches.
“I’ve been out running to keep myself in shape, but I didn’t throw a right hand for eight months.
“The hand feels so much better now. It doesn’t hurt when I clench my fist anymore.
“I was hoping to fight for a title by the end of last year, but now I have to restart my career.”
Cash has come through some good tests in his career to-date and hopes to be matched tough again.
He said: “I’m looking to box a good, credible opponent and if I can keep winning and get people talking about me, maybe by the end of the year I could be within touching distance of the British title.”
Cash hopes to emulate his friend, Hatfield World Champion Billy-Joe Saunders, who won the British title on the way to claiming the WBO belt.
And Cash hopes he can also help him on his own path to the top.
He said: “Billy-Joe is a good friend of mine and I’m hoping I can spar him some time soon.
“I want to step up my sparring because that’s where you learn.
“You learn in the gym, then use what you’ve learned when you get in the ring.”
The show at the York Hall includes a pair of Southern Area title fights and tickets are available from 07402 924234.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Herts Advertiser. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.