Indoor success for St Albans Hockey Club’s ladies
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club’s ladies’ indoor team have become the East champions after winning the regional tournament in Cambridge.
They gained maximum points, beating Harleston Magpies 3-2 and Chelmsford 7-3 on their way to the title.
A spokeswoman for the club said: “It was an outstanding squad performance and captain Chloe Hobson was delighted to receive the trophy on behalf of her team mates.
“The team now takes a well earned break over Christmas before resuming training in January in preparation for the National League competition which will take place in Bristol.”
The club’s men’s team also put in a strong performance, winning two out of their three games including a 5-4 success against Bedford and a 6-2 win against Old Loughts.
You may also want to watch:
Their one defeat was 9-2 to the eventual tournament winners West Herts.
The men will now turn their attentions to the National Division One tournament in Nottingham next month.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 5 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 6 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 7 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 8 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 9 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
The club also fielded a junior girls’ team for the first time. The girls put on a brilliant performance winning two of their five games, showing the huge talent and potential in the squad.