Indoor success for St Albans Hockey Club’s ladies
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club’s ladies’ indoor team have become the East champions after winning the regional tournament in Cambridge.
They gained maximum points, beating Harleston Magpies 3-2 and Chelmsford 7-3 on their way to the title.
A spokeswoman for the club said: “It was an outstanding squad performance and captain Chloe Hobson was delighted to receive the trophy on behalf of her team mates.
“The team now takes a well earned break over Christmas before resuming training in January in preparation for the National League competition which will take place in Bristol.”
The club’s men’s team also put in a strong performance, winning two out of their three games including a 5-4 success against Bedford and a 6-2 win against Old Loughts.
Their one defeat was 9-2 to the eventual tournament winners West Herts.
The men will now turn their attentions to the National Division One tournament in Nottingham next month.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 3 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 4 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 5 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 6 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 7 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
- 8 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 9 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 10 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
The club also fielded a junior girls’ team for the first time. The girls put on a brilliant performance winning two of their five games, showing the huge talent and potential in the squad.