Indoor success for St Albans Hockey Club’s ladies
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club’s ladies’ indoor team have become the East champions after winning the regional tournament in Cambridge.
They gained maximum points, beating Harleston Magpies 3-2 and Chelmsford 7-3 on their way to the title.
A spokeswoman for the club said: “It was an outstanding squad performance and captain Chloe Hobson was delighted to receive the trophy on behalf of her team mates.
“The team now takes a well earned break over Christmas before resuming training in January in preparation for the National League competition which will take place in Bristol.”
The club’s men’s team also put in a strong performance, winning two out of their three games including a 5-4 success against Bedford and a 6-2 win against Old Loughts.
You may also want to watch:
Their one defeat was 9-2 to the eventual tournament winners West Herts.
The men will now turn their attentions to the National Division One tournament in Nottingham next month.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 9 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
The club also fielded a junior girls’ team for the first time. The girls put on a brilliant performance winning two of their five games, showing the huge talent and potential in the squad.