Indoor success for St Albans Hockey Club’s ladies
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club’s ladies’ indoor team have become the East champions after winning the regional tournament in Cambridge.
They gained maximum points, beating Harleston Magpies 3-2 and Chelmsford 7-3 on their way to the title.
A spokeswoman for the club said: “It was an outstanding squad performance and captain Chloe Hobson was delighted to receive the trophy on behalf of her team mates.
“The team now takes a well earned break over Christmas before resuming training in January in preparation for the National League competition which will take place in Bristol.”
The club’s men’s team also put in a strong performance, winning two out of their three games including a 5-4 success against Bedford and a 6-2 win against Old Loughts.
Their one defeat was 9-2 to the eventual tournament winners West Herts.
The men will now turn their attentions to the National Division One tournament in Nottingham next month.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 9 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
The club also fielded a junior girls’ team for the first time. The girls put on a brilliant performance winning two of their five games, showing the huge talent and potential in the squad.