In the swim
HARPENDEN Swimming Club enjoyed a successful day at the Watford Middle Distance Open Meet on Saturday, recording 25 personal bests and taking home 29 medals. The club s 25 personal bests came in just 37 swims in the gala that comprised 400m and 200m event
HARPENDEN Swimming Club enjoyed a successful day at the Watford Middle Distance Open Meet on Saturday, recording 25 personal bests and taking home 29 medals.
The club's 25 personal bests came in just 37 swims in the gala that comprised 400m and 200m events.
Flora Hanson collected three gold medals, Michael Revell won two golds and a silver while Harriet Cook picked up two golds and a bronze.
The club are in action again this weekend with teams at the county Daplyn Trophy event at Woodside and a junior team at the CoStA Christmas gala at Hatfield Sports Village.
You may also want to watch:
The club remains keen to recruit competitive swimmers at all levels.
l A swimming club is celebrating after it won the Herts Senior League for the first time.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 6 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
The St Albans Masters swimming club (STAM) won the title at the event held at Bishop's Stortford on November 29. Twenty six swimmers from the club took part with the STAM A team coming first, ahead of the home side Bishop's Stortford with the STAM B team finishing sixth.
It concludes a successful year for the club who are unbeaten for the third year running and were medal winners at the Nationals in October.