In the swim
HARPENDEN Swimming Club enjoyed a successful day at the Watford Middle Distance Open Meet on Saturday, recording 25 personal bests and taking home 29 medals. The club s 25 personal bests came in just 37 swims in the gala that comprised 400m and 200m event
HARPENDEN Swimming Club enjoyed a successful day at the Watford Middle Distance Open Meet on Saturday, recording 25 personal bests and taking home 29 medals.
The club's 25 personal bests came in just 37 swims in the gala that comprised 400m and 200m events.
Flora Hanson collected three gold medals, Michael Revell won two golds and a silver while Harriet Cook picked up two golds and a bronze.
The club are in action again this weekend with teams at the county Daplyn Trophy event at Woodside and a junior team at the CoStA Christmas gala at Hatfield Sports Village.
You may also want to watch:
The club remains keen to recruit competitive swimmers at all levels.
l A swimming club is celebrating after it won the Herts Senior League for the first time.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
The St Albans Masters swimming club (STAM) won the title at the event held at Bishop's Stortford on November 29. Twenty six swimmers from the club took part with the STAM A team coming first, ahead of the home side Bishop's Stortford with the STAM B team finishing sixth.
It concludes a successful year for the club who are unbeaten for the third year running and were medal winners at the Nationals in October.