Impressive results at home and abroad for GPN Builders Rock & Road Bikes
- Credit: Archant
New boys GPN Builders-Rock & Road Bikes have hit the ground running in their debut season with impressive results at home and abroad.
St Albans’ newest cycling race team sent a quartet over to Spain for the Inter Club Vinalopo race.
And despite facing 23 degree heat and four categorised climbs, Michael Parry was able to stick with the very best of the 180-strong international field, arriving at the finish with the lead group to collect a fantastic 17th place.
He had been helped by team-mates Luke Houghton, Adam Strudwick and Clay Davies, with the latter arriving in the second group.
Back home first-year junior Matt Watson and senior Andy Whale took part in the Bedford Road Race, part of the Central Road Race League.
You may also want to watch:
And Watson was able to survive a crash two laps from the end before sprinting home in seventh place as the splintered field were buffeted by strong winds and driving rain.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 9 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 10 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant