Impressive month for Harpenden Bowls Club capped off by fine Bowls England performances
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Bowls Club capped an impressive month with fine showings at national, county and district level.
After beating clubs from Dorset and Devon, the memorable run of their senior fours ladies team at the Bowls England finals ended in the last 16.
Pauline Taylor, Val Christiaans, Dena Roberts and Lesley Tutt lost 21-15 to Cambridgeshire in a close game.
Also reaching the last 16 was Tom Muir who eventually lost to Lewis Baxter in the men’s junior singles.
Harpenden were also represented by Sue and Becky Maynard (pairs), Pat Hilson (singles), Nick and Tom Muir (pairs) and Tony Redford and Woodie Donoghue (senior pairs).
You may also want to watch:
Two ladies teams and one mens will play at home in the County League semi-final with play starting at 10am on Sunday.
And two mens teams have reached the district finals.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
Barrie Hills, Keith Davison, Trevor Tharby and Gordon Burrow beat Potters Bar and play Hatfield and a two-wood triples side of Steve Maynard, Roy Polley and Noel Roberts play Townsend.