Impressive month for Harpenden Bowls Club capped off by fine Bowls England performances
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Bowls Club capped an impressive month with fine showings at national, county and district level.
After beating clubs from Dorset and Devon, the memorable run of their senior fours ladies team at the Bowls England finals ended in the last 16.
Pauline Taylor, Val Christiaans, Dena Roberts and Lesley Tutt lost 21-15 to Cambridgeshire in a close game.
Also reaching the last 16 was Tom Muir who eventually lost to Lewis Baxter in the men’s junior singles.
Harpenden were also represented by Sue and Becky Maynard (pairs), Pat Hilson (singles), Nick and Tom Muir (pairs) and Tony Redford and Woodie Donoghue (senior pairs).
You may also want to watch:
Two ladies teams and one mens will play at home in the County League semi-final with play starting at 10am on Sunday.
And two mens teams have reached the district finals.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 4 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 10 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
Barrie Hills, Keith Davison, Trevor Tharby and Gordon Burrow beat Potters Bar and play Hatfield and a two-wood triples side of Steve Maynard, Roy Polley and Noel Roberts play Townsend.