Impressive month for Harpenden Bowls Club capped off by fine Bowls England performances
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Bowls Club capped an impressive month with fine showings at national, county and district level.
After beating clubs from Dorset and Devon, the memorable run of their senior fours ladies team at the Bowls England finals ended in the last 16.
Pauline Taylor, Val Christiaans, Dena Roberts and Lesley Tutt lost 21-15 to Cambridgeshire in a close game.
Also reaching the last 16 was Tom Muir who eventually lost to Lewis Baxter in the men’s junior singles.
Harpenden were also represented by Sue and Becky Maynard (pairs), Pat Hilson (singles), Nick and Tom Muir (pairs) and Tony Redford and Woodie Donoghue (senior pairs).
Two ladies teams and one mens will play at home in the County League semi-final with play starting at 10am on Sunday.
And two mens teams have reached the district finals.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 4 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 6 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 7 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 8 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
Barrie Hills, Keith Davison, Trevor Tharby and Gordon Burrow beat Potters Bar and play Hatfield and a two-wood triples side of Steve Maynard, Roy Polley and Noel Roberts play Townsend.