Impressive medal haul for CoStA
CITY of St Albans Swimming Club (CoStA) continued their fine form at the final weekend of the Herts County Swimming Championships, finishing the championships with an incredible 39 medals including eight individual golds, and even topping last year record
CITY of St Albans Swimming Club (CoStA) continued their fine form at the final weekend of the Herts County Swimming Championships, finishing the championships with an incredible 39 medals including eight individual golds, and even topping last year record of 31 medals.
After three weeks of competition, the champion positions evaded CoStA swimmers , with Jack Baron (14) and Heather Geers (nine) both finishing in third place in their respective age groups, Robbie Lightowler (12) and Anne-Marie Dupreez (13) both just missing out on Champions medals in fourth. There was also a fourth place finish for the Girls U16 Junior Medley quartet of Charlotte Henson, Anne-Marie Dupreez, Katie Lightowler and Chloe Beard.
Individually, 28 Costa squad members set a staggering 107 personal best times, showing their training peaked for the big occasion. Matthew Henson (17) led the way with two gold medals and three silvers in the Men's U18s, Robbie Lightowler collected four silver and two bronze, and Jack Baron collected two gold in his four medal haul.
Charlotte Henson (15) picked up five championship bronze medals. Anne-Marie Dupreez (13) collected two silver and two bronze, there was gold, two silver and one bronze for Heather Geers. Chris Stobart, Alex Ong, Holly Winfield, Katie Lightowler, Coralie Dupreez and Chloe Beard all also picked up medals.
You may also want to watch:
After a few days rest, attention will turn to preparing for the East of England Regional Championships in the summer.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 8 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans