Illness could have ended Lampe’s stay at St Albans City already
- Credit: Archant
Illness seems to have ended Jack Lampe’s career at St Albans City before it had even begun.
The Saints signed Lampe from Concord Rangers this summer but the defender has played just 45 minutes of pre-season after coming down with an illness.
The club initially said it was a chest infection.
“He’s probably not going to join us now. He’s been out too long to be in contention to start,” joint manager James Gray told the club’s website.
It’s another blow to City’s defensive ranks after Omar Beckles joined National League outfit Aldershot Town last week. St Albans have brought back former captain Ben Martin to patch the hole and are still looking to add further strength.
“We don’t want to leave ourselves too light,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re looking to strengthen a couple of positions; we want to impose ourselves better on the pitch.”
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved