Illness could have ended Lampe’s stay at St Albans City already
- Credit: Archant
Illness seems to have ended Jack Lampe’s career at St Albans City before it had even begun.
The Saints signed Lampe from Concord Rangers this summer but the defender has played just 45 minutes of pre-season after coming down with an illness.
The club initially said it was a chest infection.
“He’s probably not going to join us now. He’s been out too long to be in contention to start,” joint manager James Gray told the club’s website.
It’s another blow to City’s defensive ranks after Omar Beckles joined National League outfit Aldershot Town last week. St Albans have brought back former captain Ben Martin to patch the hole and are still looking to add further strength.
“We don’t want to leave ourselves too light,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re looking to strengthen a couple of positions; we want to impose ourselves better on the pitch.”
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans