Ian Allinson wants St Albans City ‘to give crowd something to shout about’ against Oxford City
- Credit: Archant
Ian Allinson wants his players to give the St Albans City crowd something to shout about when Oxford City visit Clarence Park on Saturday.
Saints’ late equaliser at Hemel Hempstead Town on New Year’s Day had the travelling support in rapture, with the City boss making mention of it in his post-match interview.
And they may have to be the so-called 12th man on Saturday as the visiting Hoops have been in great form as 2018 closed, winning six and drawing one of the seven games prior to New Year’s Day.
Allinson said: “They have been scoring goals for fun but they lost [to Hungerford Town] on New Year’s Day so that could be an omen from our point of view.
“If we can just get these players to believe that we have to go out and try to win every single game.
“If we can reach levels like we have over the last seven to 10 days, we’ll be ok.
“When we have the commitment and effort, well, you heard the crowd [at Hemel].
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 4 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 5 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 8 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 10 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school
“They were quiet until we got that equaliser but the noise they made in those last seven minutes really spurred the team on.
“We need to give them something to shout for, a reason to get behind the team and that only comes from having an energy, an enthusiasm and an ability to win a game of football.”
Kick-off at Clarence Park is at 3pm.