St Albans City ‘have to be positive’ as they head back to Weymouth
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City manager Ian Allinson knows only too well what awaits his side on the south coast after two 4-1 defeats already this season to Weymouth.
The Terras triumphed in the National League South back in September in a match that saw Saints' confidence at its lowest ebb.
They repeated the trick in the FA Cup a few weeks later but Allinson believes his side are starting to climb out of their slump.
He said: "Weymouth are the best side I've seen all season. They move the ball extremely well and if you open yourself up and try and chase the game, they will hurt you. They have done that to us in both games this season.
"I'll keep repeating myself. We have to win games of football.
You may also want to watch:
"We're in a situation nobody wants to be in. We haven't been good enough but I've seen a change in the way we play which has been better.
"We haven't got time to feel sorry for ourselves. We have to be positive and keep trying to play the way we want to."
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 10 St Albans house prices hit record high