Ian Allinson convinced James Ewington will score goals for St Albans City in the National South
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Ian Allinson was pleased to see Ewington make his debut and feels St Albans City will soon see the best of the former Harpenden Town man.
The 29-year-old has moved up three levels in less than 12 months but the Saints’ boss saw enough after 90 minutes against Truro to convince him of the type of player they have acquired.
He said: “Everyone was aware of him with the goals he was scoring last year but you have to understand he was playing in the South Midlands League.
“It’s a massive jump he’s had within the last year. He’s gone up three divisions but he’s gone and done it and scored goals in the other two.
“We know he can score goals but it will take him a little bit of time to bed down and he has to get up to speed because as I keep saying this is a tough league to play in.
“But we saw it in training this week. He’s a jack-in-the-box, he’s very quick on getting on the ball and moving it quickly.
“If we can get good balls into him, he’ll score goals.”
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 History in the making as Colney Heath Ladies reach county cup final for first time