Ian Allinson convinced James Ewington will score goals for St Albans City in the National South
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Ian Allinson was pleased to see Ewington make his debut and feels St Albans City will soon see the best of the former Harpenden Town man.
The 29-year-old has moved up three levels in less than 12 months but the Saints’ boss saw enough after 90 minutes against Truro to convince him of the type of player they have acquired.
He said: “Everyone was aware of him with the goals he was scoring last year but you have to understand he was playing in the South Midlands League.
“It’s a massive jump he’s had within the last year. He’s gone up three divisions but he’s gone and done it and scored goals in the other two.
“We know he can score goals but it will take him a little bit of time to bed down and he has to get up to speed because as I keep saying this is a tough league to play in.
You may also want to watch:
“But we saw it in training this week. He’s a jack-in-the-box, he’s very quick on getting on the ball and moving it quickly.
“If we can get good balls into him, he’ll score goals.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 6 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 7 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public